Homes with Mother In Law Suites Becoming More Popular
Top Tips and Questions to Ask about Mother In Law Suite Homes
- Financial drivers are the #1 reason families consider homes with mother in law suites, with 39% of mother in law suite home buyers purchasing for that reason.
- Health care issues are another big reason - 29% of in law suite home buyers choose to have an attached mother in law suite in order to care for a family member.
- Only 6% of home buyers said that a strong family bond was the main reason they were purchasing a mother in law suite home.
Here are some of the top things to consider when purchasing a mother in law suite home:
- More family members in the home may make childcare scheduling and juggling easier.
- Quality time together is easier to find.
- Private areas for each part of the family can be very beneficial.
- Chores, financial, and childcare expectations should be determined before moving in, in writing if necessary.
What's the Right Kind of Mother-in-law Suite Floor Plan for You?
There are many different types of mother in law suite floor plans.
Choosing the right one for your family can make a big difference in the functionality of the space.
The most common type of mother in law suite can be as simple as a first floor bedroom with attached bath and sitting room, but some mother-in-law suite floor plans only include a first floor bedroom with attached bath.
- Is a sitting room important for separate living space?
- Would a kitchenette be helpful? Is it worth the extra expense?
- Should the mother in law suite have a private entrance?
- Do you need a larger garage?
- What considerations will help that mother in law suite home have greater resale value?
At Stanton Homes, we design/build mother in law suite floor plans on a regular basis. Let us know if you have any questions about functionality and practical solutions, and we'll point you in the right direction!
Looking for a mother in law suite home in the Raleigh or Fort Bragg area?
Just answer a few quick questions, and we'll send you a selection of floor plans that meet your exact needs and budget.
More Custom Design/Build Mother in Law Suite Floor Plan Options
New Custom Homes in the Raleigh Area - and throughout central North Carolina
Stanton Homes makes building your new custom home easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations. Your custom home is going to be extraordinary when you create it with one of the nation’s top fully involved builders and the high quality materials and craftsmanship that our reputation is built on.
Call 919-278-8070 to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.
Articles copyright Stanton Homes 2006-2013. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Provided for informational purposes only, no claims are made by Stanton Homes regarding the validity of any statements. Please note: all listing information per MLS, and current as of posting date. Information subject to change. Stanton Homes does not make claims to ownership of any lot listings, but can work with homebuyers to purchase available lots and build. Home plans to be approved on an individual basis, subject to neighborhood restrictive covenants and lot restrictions. Ask for further information regarding any community, lot or floor plan. Photos represent typical homes and details of each neighborhood, to help highlight different options available in the Raleigh/Triangle area. No claim of ownership is made to homes or land pictured.