Craftsman Style Homes in Raleigh NC
Building a New Craftsman Home - What is a Craftsman Home?
"Craftsman" - just the name of this type of architecture evokes feelings of permanence, of time-honored traditions, of surprises and old-world workmanship.
But a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is even better, so here's just one example of what a Craftsman style home in the Raleigh area can look like. The Brogan was custom designed by Stanton Homes.
(click photo or here for video tour)
A Raleigh Craftsman style home can include:
- Simple lines inside and out, with no compromises on quality.
- Stone accents, in particular front porches with stone base and tapered columns.
- Staircases with square/detailed balusters and newell posts instead of more typical round or wrought iron styles.
- Numerous windows, with square or horizontally rectangular windows more common than in typical architecture.
- Limited hallways, space is as open as possible.
- Interior trim that is more rustic, including 1x4, 1x6, and 1x8 treatments in place of the commonly seen types of crown moulding and baseboard.
Craftsman style home builders in the Raleigh area can incorporate many different features and architectural styles, depending on how much historical accuracy is desired, what the overall budget for the home is, and what design elements best suit the homeowners' personal tastes and desires.
Finding Your New Home in the Raleigh Area
Stanton Homes makes it easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations, with a focus on new custom homes in the upper $200s to the $500s. Custom design build options available too!
Call 919-278-8070 or visit www.StantonHomes.com to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.
Articles copyright Stanton Homes 2006-2012. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Provided for informational purposes only, no claims are made by Stanton Homes regarding the validity of any statements. Please note: all listing information per MLS, and current as of posting date. Information subject to change. Stanton Homes does not make claims to ownership of any lot listings, but can work with homebuyers to purchase available lots and build. Home plans to be approved on an individual basis, subject to neighborhood restrictive covenants and lot restrictions. Ask for further information regarding any community, lot or floor plan. Photos represent typical homes and details of each neighborhood, to help highlight different options available in the Raleigh/Triangle area. No claim of ownership is made to homes or land pictured.