Craftsman Style Homes in Raleigh NC
Building a New Craftsman Home - What is a Craftsman Home?
"Craftsman" - just the name of this type of architecture evokes feelings of permanence, of time-honored traditions, of surprises and old-world workmanship.
But a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is even better, so here's just one example of what a Craftsman style home in the Raleigh area can look like. The Brogan was custom designed by Stanton Homes.
(click photo or here for video tour)
A Raleigh Craftsman style home can include:
- Simple lines inside and out, with no compromises on quality.
- Stone accents, in particular front porches with stone base and tapered columns.
- Staircases with square/detailed balusters and newell posts instead of more typical round or wrought iron styles.
- Numerous windows, with square or horizontally rectangular windows more common than in typical architecture.
- Limited hallways, space is as open as possible.
- Interior trim that is more rustic, including 1x4, 1x6, and 1x8 treatments in place of the commonly seen types of crown moulding and baseboard.
Craftsman style home builders in the Raleigh area can incorporate many different features and architectural styles, depending on how much historical accuracy is desired, what the overall budget for the home is, and what design elements best suit the homeowners' personal tastes and desires.
Available New Homes:
New Custom Homes in the Raleigh Area - and throughout central North Carolina
Stanton Homes makes building your new custom home easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations. Your custom home is going to be extraordinary when you create it with one of the nation’s top fully involved builders and the high quality materials and craftsmanship that our reputation is built on.
Call 919-278-8070 to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.