East Wake County New Home Listings Down 40%
New Homes Under $200K Show Biggest Drop
Looking for a new home in the Raleigh area? Thinking the choices have gotten a little thinner? You're right....
New Home inventory in East Wake County NC was down 39% in third quarter 2009 versus third quarter 2008. East Wake County, which includes Wendell, Knightdale, and Zebulon, is one of the most affordable parts of Wake County.
New Home Listings by Price Point in East Wake County NC
There were fewer new home listings in East Wake County NC in every price point. Townhouses are the only category that has seen an increase in number of listings.
- New homes above $400K reduced from 32 listings last year to only 12 listings this year, a 64% reduction in new homes at this price point.
- Available inventory in the $300-399K point in East Wake County was down 65%, from 51 to 18 new home listings.
- Available inventory in the $199K and below point in Knightdale/East Wake County area was down significantly as well - from 53 to 32 new home listings.
Overall New Home Listings in East Wake County NC Third Quarter
In third quarter 2008, there were 194 new homes listed in East Wake County NC.
In third quarter 2009, there were only 118 new homes listed in East Wake County NC.
Builders are building fewer "speculative" homes, and more home buyers are opting for completely custom packages, in every price point (which means the homes are not listed, but completed to the buyers exact specifications).
What Price Points are getting the most showings in East Wake County?
If you're looking to purchase in these price points, you'll have more competition for your new home.
Which price points are most popular in East Wake County?
- East Wake County new homes in the $150-199K price range saw the most showings in September 2009.
- East Wake County new homes in the $500-599K price range saw FOUR TIMES the average number of showings per listing.
- East Wake County new homes in the $300-399K price range saw almost twice the average number of showings per listing.
Looking for more information on new homes in the East Wake County/Raleigh area?
Available New Homes:
New Custom Homes in the Raleigh Area - and throughout central North Carolina
Stanton Homes makes building your new custom home easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations. Your custom home is going to be extraordinary when you create it with one of the nation’s top fully involved builders and the high quality materials and craftsmanship that our reputation is built on.
Call 919-278-8070 to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.