Green Homes Raleigh NC
First Certified Green Home in Horizon Breaks Ground
Will be Featured in NC's 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour
This Stanton Homes custom design will be one of just 30 homes featured in the 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour.
The third party certified green homes in the Green Home Tour will be open to the public the weekends of May 15/16 and May 22/23.
Green elements in the Stanton Home home in Horizon's green home entry featured in 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour include:
- Energy Wise guaranteed heating and cooling cost of $71/month (40% of standard heating and cooling costs)
- Silver Level Green Certification and ENERGY STAR certification (now in progress for this home)
- Spray foam insulation for superior energy savings and cleaner indoor air
- Tankless hot water for endless supply of heated water at lower cost
- Superior Walls insulated wall system in basement
- ENERGY STAR Cool Roof designed to reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15% and maintain more constant temperature
- Ductwork and plumbing entirely inside thermal envelope to eliminate exposure to unconditioned air
- EPA WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilets and low flow faucets
- Kitchen and bath cabinetry with ESP (Environmental Stewardship Program) certification
- Passive radon system
- Energy Star Appliances and built in recycling centers
- Green label carpet certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute for improved indoor air quality
Stanton Homes works hard to protect the beautiful land and environment in gorgeous Chatham County.
Our green building practices help protect the land during construction, and enable homeowners to reduce energy and water consumption on a daily basis.
Less energy consumed means lower carbon emissions, and more effective management of natural resources.
The Horizon community offers beautiful level or rolling acre plus lots just one mile off 15/501, only five minutes from shopping. Only 26 lots remain in Phase One.
Horizon is only about 10 minutes from Jordan Lake, and 5 minutes from the Haw River.
Come see us on the 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour!
Get all the latest at the Green Home Tour 2010 page on Facebook.
Read More About Green Home Building in the Raleigh area:
Green Building - What's in a Green Home?
Finding Your New Home in the Raleigh Area
Stanton Homes makes it easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations, with a focus on new custom homes in the upper $200s to the $500s. Custom design build options available too!
Call 919-278-8070 or visit www.StantonHomes.com to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.
Articles copyright Stanton Homes 2006-2012. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Provided for informational purposes only, no claims are made by Stanton Homes regarding the validity of any statements. Please note: all listing information per MLS, and current as of posting date. Information subject to change. Stanton Homes does not make claims to ownership of any lot listings, but can work with homebuyers to purchase available lots and build. Home plans to be approved on an individual basis, subject to neighborhood restrictive covenants and lot restrictions. Ask for further information regarding any community, lot or floor plan. Photos represent typical homes and details of each neighborhood, to help highlight different options available in the Raleigh/Triangle area. No claim of ownership is made to homes or land pictured.