When Will Record Low Mortgage Rates End?
According to the Mortgage Bankers Associations' Economic Forecast, these record low interest rates will end within the next few months, with rates to jump back over 5% by the end of 2011.
- 30 year fixed mortgage rate will average 4.4% in the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Rates will increase to 4.7% in the first quarter of 2011.
- Rates will climb to 5.1% by the end of 2011.
Mortgage purchases are anticipated to increase. According to predictions, the mortgage industry is expected to originate an annual $480 billion in purchase mortgages by the end of this year and $626 billion next year, an increase of 30%.
The group also predicted sales of existing homes, on a NATIONAL level.
- Sales of existing homes are predicted to be down 8% in 2010 from 2009.
- Existing home sales are anticipated to increase 2% in 2011.
- Existing home sales will then increase significantly in 2012, by 16%.
New Home sales are predicted to rise even faster.
- Sales of new homes are predicted to finish 2010 about 13% lower than in 2009.
- Sales of new homes are predicted to rise 20% in 2011
- Sales of new homes in 2012 are anticipated at 40% higher than in 2012.
Incredibly low interest rates have made homes more affordable than ever before. Buyers of new homes are interested in low maintanence homes with full warranties, significant energy savings, and workable floor plans.
The predictions may not be entirely accurate, but one thing's for sure - these record low rates WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.
Raleigh NC New Home Resources - Building a Home in Raleigh
Finding Your New Home in the Raleigh Area
Stanton Homes makes it easy! We'll guide you through the entire process - select from thousands of different floor plans, and hundreds of different locations, with a focus on new custom homes in the upper $200s to the $500s. Custom design build options available too!
Call 919-278-8070 or visit www.StantonHomes.com to find out more about new homes in the Raleigh area today.
Articles copyright Stanton Homes 2006-2012. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Provided for informational purposes only, no claims are made by Stanton Homes regarding the validity of any statements. Please note: all listing information per MLS, and current as of posting date. Information subject to change. Stanton Homes does not make claims to ownership of any lot listings, but can work with homebuyers to purchase available lots and build. Home plans to be approved on an individual basis, subject to neighborhood restrictive covenants and lot restrictions. Ask for further information regarding any community, lot or floor plan. Photos represent typical homes and details of each neighborhood, to help highlight different options available in the Raleigh/Triangle area. No claim of ownership is made to homes or land pictured.